By Vision Monday Staff
NEW YORK—Registration is now open for the Vision Monday Global Leadership Summit, a virtual event series that will examine how the COVID-19 pandemic is reshaping business, culture, consumer attitudes and many aspects of the healthcare field, vision care included. Titled "AFTERSHOCKS: Remaking Healthcare's Future, Vision Beyond 2020," the VM Global Leadership Summit will comprise four two-hour sessions to be held over four consecutive weeks, starting Sept. 30, Oct. 7, Oct. 14 and Oct. 21.
"This special, four-part virtual event will let us explore the big themes and urgent questions facing ECPs and vision care decision makers, giving them a framework to problem-solve and see the future clearly,” said Marge Axelrad, SVP and editorial director of VM.
The VM Virtual Summit Series will include:
• Wednesday September 30th: 3PM – 5PM ET
CAN CONSUMERS TRUST OUR HEALTHCARE DELIVERY SYSTEM?
Gaps in our healthcare system, amplified by the COVID-19 pandemic, have left many consumers feeling disconnected, distrustful and scared. A new ecosystem of healthcare authorities and companies has emerged to offer tech solutions that connect patients and providers in new ways while lowering costs and improving outcomes. How can vision care prepare?
• Wednesday, October 7th: 3PM – 5PM ET
WHO ARE THE NEW GATEKEEPERS? WHAT’S VISION’S ROLE?
The rise of medical optometry; diabetes diagnosis and management as a pathway forward has been gaining new attention. What are the opportunities for vision care? New healthcare models like Walmart HEALTH are addressing access, integrated care and patient experience and medical optometry is getting renewed attention.
• Wednesday, October 14th: 3PM – 5PM ET
LEADERSHIP LESSONS FROM HEALTHCARE’S FRONT LINES What’s Next for Payors, Providers… And Vision Care?
The coronavirus pandemic has stressed hospital and provider systems in unexpected ways, challenging administrators, clinicians and support staff to respond to a crisis that changes almost daily. What have the big healthcare systems learned? How are its lead executives adapting to better meet the challenges? How will insurance coverage and access to care for private pay and public/government patients transform? How will systemic changes in healthcare provide an opportunity for vision care providers to play a wider role?
• Wednesday October 21st: 3PM – 5PM ET STEPPING UP THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE New Technologies Take Hold and Transform Engagement
How is technology enabling new ways of connecting to the patient and to the consumer? How is "experience" defined now? What are the components, how are communications, interactivity, decision making and choice impacted? We look at how digital technologies are bringing doctors/patients/ customers into the healthcare process in more exciting ways, blending IRL/physical with online/virtual.
Among the speakers set for the VM Global Leadership Summit Virtual Event Series are:
• Leading health economist and influential blogger/author, Jane Sarasohn-Kahn @HealthyThinker, author "Health Consuming, From Health Consumer to Health Citizen."
• Founder of Solving for Tech and founder, Living in Digital Times, Robin Raskin, producer of notable conferences and expos including the Digital Health Summit at CES (Consumer Electronics Show).
• Chief Medical Officer, Walmart Health, Dr. Tom Van Gilder.
• President and CEO of Highmark Health, David Holmberg, also chairman of BlueCross BlueShield Association.
• President and CEO of Northwell Health, Michael Dowling, leader of the largest health care provider and private employer in New York State.
• Co-founder of MyEyeDr., Sue Downes, with members of the MyEyeDr. executive team.
• Chief medical editor of WebMD, John Whyte, MD.
• Influential Vision Voices who will offer an informed take on the trends that are shaping vision care today.
Additional speakers and new registration details will be announced soon. Those who had previously registered for the VM Global Leadership Summit, originally planned for last March, will soon be receiving communications from the VM Virtual Summit planning team regarding their existing registration.
Registration includes all four broadcasts, full access to the Vision Monday Summit virtual platform, networking, on-demand viewing during and after, door prizes and exclusive access to Summit attendee-only content after the event.
Click here to register for the Vision Monday Global Leadership Summit.
The Vision Monday Global Leadership Summit is sponsored by Platinum Sponsors: Essilor, Luxottica, and VSP Global. Gold sponsors are CareCredit, Ocuco, Think About Your Eyes, and The Vision Council.